Need writing or storytelling InSpiration? Try these ideas!
- In a world like this...
- Just before ...
- No one else knew that...
- I didn't wait...
- One moment...
- It was the kind of place...
- It came to me all at once...
- How could he ever forget...
- She stood up and said...
- What can you say when...
- He stopped just as...
- The light was like...
Contact Anne about speaking at a literary program.
- What makes you feel most like yourself?
- When has someone surprised you?
- What event changed your life forever?
- Whose voice speaks to you even now?
- What place holds unanswered questions?
- Who confuses or disturbs you?
- What are you afraid to consider?
- Whose life story inspires you?
- What is the history of your organization?
- What challenges are you facing now?
- How did you overcome early obstacles?
- What amazing world events have you seen?
- What did you plan to do with your life?
- Where have you dreamed of going?
- What do you hold sacred?
- What angers you?
- How did you get here?
- What is your soul's true occupation?
- What do you want to know more about?
- When do you feel really blessed?
- What makes you cry?
- What historical event intrigues you?
Join the InSpiritry conversation on FaceBook, LinkedIn & Twitter
- Write a prayer or wish.
- Make up a ridiculous decision and its consequences.
- Write an alternative version of yesterday.
- Write a letter to a stranger.
- Write down honest but unspoken feelings.
- Tell a secret that is fictional.
- Create a news story about a friend.
- Brainstorm words you like; use them.
- Combine verbs and nouns to make new words.
- Create a character who is your opposite.
- Capture a single everyday moment.
- Choose a word you seldom use as a title; write to it.
- Tell the inspirational story of what you have overcome.
Contact Anne about scheduling a Writing Session for Your Group!
Ways to Invite the Muse
- Free write about this very moment.
- Sit quietly with your eyes closed. Listen.
- Read poetry out loud.
- Listen to music and write in response.
- Look through old photos for moments to share.
- Reread your own writings.
- Take a walk, jotting down your thoughts.
- Sing. Dance. Skip. Run. Rest.
- Be still, silent, sacred.
- Make lists of people and places you love.
- Brainstorm word associations.
- Stare at something beautiful.
- Assume an unusual posture.
Check out InSpiritry Literary Resources.
For more Writing Prompts, purchase Wingbeats: Exercises and Practice in Poetry, in which Anne's essay "Speaking the Unspoken" appears.
Contact Anne at InSpiritry!