“I write for the same reason I breathe – because if I didn’t, I would die.” – Isaac Asimov
Whether you are a journaler, poet, a novelist, a blogger, a FaceBook/Twitter enthusiast or a thank you note advocate, seeing thoughts turned into words that hold meaning is a great joy and perhaps your saving grace! That said, some days, even with your love of language, meaningful words seem locked away from expression. One way to invite your mind back to writing can be to remind yourself of how important writing is to your life, your happiness, your sense of purpose and your world.
When I face my own writer’s block, here are my five reasons to keep writing. I hope they speak to you!
1) When I write, I feel life more deeply.
2) When I write, I connect with other people in a meaningful way.
3) When I write, I surprise myself with thoughts I didn’t know I had.
4) When I write, the rest of my life makes sense.
5) When I write, I am giving the creative gift of my truest self to the world.
In addition, here are some other blog posts to encourage you!
And a book recommendation – 365 Reasons to Write
We don’t need to be published or awarded or even read widely to be writers. It is what we do to be alive. Keep writing — the world needs your words!
Every Moment is Poetic — And Every Life is an InSpirational Story!
You can also find Anne’s Daily InSpiritries on FaceBook, Twitter and LinkedIn!